Can I speak to you before I join?
Yes. Get in touch so that we can arrange a convenient time to have a conversation, in person or via telephone or video call. It’s a good idea to make a note of any questions or concerns that you have before we talk.
Can I pop into your office to see you anytime I want?
If you’d like to come and see me, please get in touch so we can arrange a convenient time for you to do so. I work from home and at very irregular hours, so an unplanned visit isn’t possible.
What area do you cover?
Most of my members live in/around Norwich and Norfolk, and some in Suffolk. Most members are prepared to travel a maximum of an hour for a date.
What is the age range of your members?
There is no lower or upper age limit. The ages of my members has so far ranged from 24 to 80.
Have you had any successes?
Yes! I have a large number of previous members who are in happy relationships.
What is the whole process? Can you break it down for me?
- You contact me and I email you with information that you will need, links to forms which you should complete before we arrange to meet (I’ll send you a link to my online diary) for your consultation at my home office in Wymondham, bringing proof of ID, date of birth and address with you.
- We meet for approximately an hour. I get to know you a little by asking you about yourself, about what you enjoy doing and who your ideal partner is. I also ask if you would like to be invited to any social events, and any other relevant questions. If you require additional support with dating or relationships, we discuss this, too. Assuming you feel right for the membership and the membership feels right for you, I take photos of you and we arrange payment for your membership.
- I send you an email which confirms what we have discussed and also includes links to my social media profiles, contact details of a professional who can carry out background checks on your behalf, should you require that service, and anything else which is relevant at the time.
- I enter all of your information into my password protected database.
- I create a PDF profile with your photos and basic information.
- I search my database for suitable potential matches for you.
- If required, I make enquiries to ascertain the more in-depth suitability of potential matches.
- I email your profile to potential matches.
- I email you the profiles of potential matches who have requested an introduction to you.
- If you both agree to connect/meet, I swap mobile phone numbers with each of you and invite one of you to contact the other.
- You talk, meet etc and ideally give me feedback on how things went and how they are developing.
- I continue to include you in all routine searches and additional ones when I have a new member join, an existing member returns who has been on hold, an existing member notifies me of a change in their preferences or personal information, or when you notify me of the same.
- If you advise me of any changes to your circumstances or you wish to update the information I hold about you, I’ll action that in a reasonable amount of time following your request, depending on my workload at the time.
Can I see my profile?
Yes. Request this at any stage of your membership and I will forward a PDF copy to you as soon as I am able to do so, depending on my workload at the time.
Can I make changes to my profile?
You can request an update to your profile. The information must be relevant, true and necessary. I will update your profile as soon as I am able to do so, depending on my workload at the time.
Who can see my personal information?
Some of the information you give me will appear on your profile, which will only be seen by a potential match if I send your profile to that person. I will never share your full name, date of birth, email address, postal address or place of work. I will share your mobile telephone number only when you have both agreed to an introduction. Your information is not accessible via the website.
How much does it cost?
The current cost of your first year membership is on the membership fees page. The fee for subsequent years of continuous membership will be significantly lower. You will be advised of this prior to your renewal date.
What type of person do you have on your books?
Nice, single people who are looking for love and a long-term relationship. Some are degree educated while others have professional qualifications or a high school or college background. Most are self-employed or employed full-time, while others are retired. All are financially independent. Most have to be mindful of their spending, while others have more financial freedom. Most are intelligent, articulate and interesting people. There are some ‘real’ Norfolk accents amongst my membership, although many of my members come from different parts of the country.
How do I join?
Contact me and I will email you any information which you will need, and links to forms which you should complete. You can request a paper copy of the sign up form to be posted to you if you do not have access to the internet. Once I receive your completed sign up forms we will meet for approximately one hour. You can join at the end of that consultation if we both think it is a good option for you.
Can I still join if I don't have a computer or internet access?
Yes. Let me know and I will post out a paper copy of the sign up form for you. You can return your completed form prior to your consultation or let me know that you’ll be bringing it with you on the day. I’ll allow a little extra time to read it before we begin. I can also post out the profiles of any potential matches to you. We can liaise by telephone to keep each other up to date.
Do I have to meet you? Can't we just talk on the phone or video call?
Yes, you have to meet me in person. It is important that I see original proof of identify, date of birth and address. I can do that only in person. It is also important for us to have a conversation face-to-face so that I can get to know you in order to better find a suitable match for you. I am unable to welcome anybody into the membership who I have not spent time with in person.
I'm looking only for friendship. Can I still join?
My members are looking for love and a long term relationship. Social groups would be a better option, if you are looking for friendship. Membership would not be suitable for you at this stage.
I am looking to just have fun or a casual intimate arrangement. Can I still join?
My members are looking for love and a long term monogamous relationship. Membership would not be suitable for you.
I am in a relationship and looking for an extra marital arrangement. Can I still join?
My members are looking for love and a long term monogamous relationship with a partner who is single and willing to fully commit to them alone. Membership would not be suitable for you.
I'm really quite nervous and would feel more comfortable taking it slowly. Is that OK?
As long as you are ultimately looking for love and a long term relationship, it is absolutely fine for you to take things at your own pace. It is important that your dating journey is a happy and comfortable one for you.
I'm feeling a bit anxious about getting back out there again. Can you help me?
I am a qualified and experienced coach and as such will be happy to support you at any stage. Get in touch with me to arrange a conversation.
It's been a long time since I dated. I have no idea how it works now. Can you help me?
I am happy to help you with support, ideas, suggestions and feedback at any stage. If you would like to arrange a conversation to discuss this, please get in touch with me.
Do you charge for the consultation?
Your consultation is free, even if we decide that membership isn’t right for you.
How do I book my consultation?
Once you have completed your sign up form, you can book an appointment on my online diary using the link which is in your email. I will send you my address when I confirm your appointment.
I can only make the consultation in an evening, or at a weekend. Is that OK?
I am available for evening consultations (usually a Monday or Wednesday) or on a Saturday morning. I can organise a specific time outside of my usual availability, if required.
How should I prepare for my consultation?
- Bring original proof of your identity, date of birth and address. The driving licence card has all of these.
- Be mindful of your appearance as I will be taking photos of you, which will appear on your profile.
- Consider before you arrive what you are like as a human being and as a partner. When reading your profile, a prospective match needs to gain a good insight into the kind of person you really are. I will be asking you this question several times. Ask family and friends for their opinions, if that helps.
Can I browse other members' profiles?
You will be able to see a member’s profile if that person is identified as a potential match for you. You will not have access to any other profiles or information.
Can I give you my own photos for my profile?
Yes, but I will still take photos of you when we meet. It is important for me to capture a good likeness of each member so that there are no surprises for either of you when you first meet!
If I don't want to talk to or see somebody again, will you tell them for me?
Even if you are feeling anxious about ending communication or a relationship with another member, it is very important that you break the news yourself, with compassion, honesty (when appropriate) and respect. How you choose to deliver that message is your prerogative but a text message is really only acceptable if you haven’t yet met. Treat the other person exactly how you would wish to be treated.
Does somebody know if I have declined an introduction?
Yes, quite often. I will deliver the news in a mindful but straightforward way, although I will soften very harsh or negative feedback if I don’t believe it is helpful.
If I've agreed to an introduction, who makes the initial contact?
I believe in old fashioned values so if the match is a traditional male and female one, I will invite the gentleman to contact the lady as soon as possible.
What happens to my membership if I meet somebody or I need to take a break?
Let me know if you’d like me to put you ‘on hold’ and I’ll retain your information but will not include you in searches for potential matches. If you wish to cancel your membership completely, let me know and I will delete all of your information.
How many introductions will you send me and will you definitely find me a partner?
The number of introductions (potential matches) I may send you will depend on many different factors. Each member comes with requirements for a potential partner which range from physical appearance to education to financial status to location to children to any number of lifestyle choices, habits and beliefs, and a multitude of factors in between. Even if I believe that there is a possibility of a successful match between you and another member, one or other of you may immediately decline an introduction based on just not ‘feeling it’ or not being prepared to overlook a difference. The less assumptions which are made and the more open and flexible you are, the more likely you are to receive an introduction. When we initially meet at your consultation, if there are no or a very limited number of potential matches, I will tell you. New members join regularly, which increases the chances of one of them being a suitable match for you. I cannot ever guarantee that I will find you a partner but I promise that I will make every effort to do so.