- You’ll be able to love others without all the emotional baggage, hang-ups and neediness that gets in the way of what you truly feel. Without this stuff to hinder you, you’ll be able to love in a pretty simple and honest way. This kind of freedom is epic! Loving somebody else becomes peaceful and easy.
- You’ll naturally respect yourself, and will be less inclined to let other people treat you badly. You will be lovingly assertive. You won’t need to be a doormat. You won’t need to be aggressive. Welcome to the new, empowered you!
- You will enjoy your relationship with yourself so much more. You’ll enjoy your life more and you’ll enjoy relationships with other people more.
- Deal with the fallout from the breakdown in your relationship.
- Accept that not all people are the same. That’s a ridiculous assumption!
- Move on. With an open heart and maybe a lesson learned, but move on from the pain, the anger, the hatred.
get in touch. By Judith Flowerday
Home Page here.
So, you’re single? Maybe you are quite enjoying the breathing space that being single gives you, or you could be feeling really sad and irritable about it. Let’s take a slightly tongue-in-cheek look at the pleasurable bits, here’s 18 ways to love being single!
- You don’t have to shave your legs so frequently. (Ladies, mostly)
- You don’t have to hide your chocolate.
- You can love yourself first, and second. You can be selfish, and do what you love in your own time, on your own terms.
- You can put your pyjamas on at 3pm, or stay in them all day.
- You can continue wearing your favourite sweater long after it started falling to bits.
- You can wear those big old greying comfortable pants, and whip your bra off and fling it across the room as soon as you get home. (Ladies, I’m with you on this one)
- You can spend time with you. Just be.
- You can cry at soppy films, or even adverts, without feeling silly. ‘Ghost’ or ‘Marley and Me’ are perfect for this!
- You can spend time with friends without worrying about rushing home to cook dinner or clean up.
- You can leave the housework a while longer.
- You can hog the remote control and shout at the TV.
- You can hog the bed. Starfish anyone?
- You can always leave the toilet seat down, or up. (Delete as appropriate)
- You can sing into your hairbrush and dance in the lounge while watching Mamma Mia. (Ladies, mostly).
- You can play air guitar and throw yourself around in a demented fashion, red-faced and childishly excited (men, mostly).
- You can treat yourself, without feeling guilty. Soak in the bath until your toes shrivel up, read a book in bed, eat toast in bed, light a fragranced candle just for you, get a massage. Do what feels good.
- You must accept that some people will assume that you are desperate to be in a relationship and your life is somehow lacking in fulfilment.
- You can flirt a little (or a lot), if you want to, and simply enjoy it for its own sake.